Web User Controls

gover

Hello,
I have created a user control and declared a public event that I my user
control raises. When I add my user control to a page, however, and click
properties, I don't see the 'ligning bolt' and cant specify an event handler
via the vs2005 poperties panel. I can add the event handler in code (using
myEvent += MyHandler) but i was hoping to get this to work in the vs2005 IDE
like it does for the standard web controls.
Is this behavior inherent in Web User Controls, or is there a way to get
the lighning bolt to show up when a user control is dropped onto a page.

Thanks
(

Riki

gover said:
Hello,
I have created a user control and declared a public event that I my
user control raises. When I add my user control to a page, however,
and click properties, I don't see the 'ligning bolt' and cant specify
an event handler via the vs2005 poperties panel. I can add the event
handler in code (using myEvent += MyHandler) but i was hoping to get
this to work in the vs2005 IDE like it does for the standard web
controls. Is this behavior inherent in Web User Controls, or is
there a way to get the lighning bolt to show up when a user control
is dropped onto a page.

The "lightning bolt" is not (yet) supported for user controls in Visual
Studio.

You could always change your user control into a custom control, that will
make it work.