    displays the results as the control. I can get the Web service
    results, but dont know how to get the control to display the results of
    the transformed Xml! What base class should I use for my control?

    George Leithead, Jul 4, 2006

  2. George Leithead

    Guest

    You don't have to work with Xml directly when using a webservice in
    ASP.NET.
    It's much simpler than that. It's like calling a regular method when
    you invoke the proxy to the webservice's webmethod - you get the values
    back in the type that was declared in the web method. The ASP.NET
    framework would handle the low level stuff like the Xml
    serialisation/deserialisation..

    It'll be clear once you do one of the quickstart tutorials on ASP.NET
    webservices and webapps.

    Andy

    George Leithead wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can I ask all you for a bit of advice?
    >
    > I need to create a Web Control component that consumes a WebService and
    > displays the results as the control. I can get the Web service
    > results, but dont know how to get the control to display the results of
    > the transformed Xml! What base class should I use for my control?

    , Jul 6, 2006