Web Service, XSL Extension Object and WebControl

George Leithead

Hi all,

This is going to be a bit difficult to explain, but I'll try and make
it easy...

I currently have a Web Control Library, in which I have a Web Control
that I over ride the Create Children to provide a rather complicated
form. (inherits WebControl, INamingContainer).

It all works fine when the control is dropped onto a page. Which is
good.

However, I have now been asked to make this a WebService! The reason
behind this is that they want it completely independent from any
project that may with to use the control. So that if the control needs
to be updated, all other projects do not need to be updated either.

How on earth can I go about doing this? I was looking at XSL
"Extension Objects", and they 'look' like something that could do what
I need. However, I have no true idea if this is what I need to be
looking at or not!

Help please. All progress will be shared with the rest of the
community.