Web Service, XSL Extension Object and WebControl

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by George Leithead, Jul 12, 2006.

  1. Hi all,

    This is going to be a bit difficult to explain, but I'll try and make
    it easy...

    I currently have a Web Control Library, in which I have a Web Control
    that I over ride the Create Children to provide a rather complicated
    form. (inherits WebControl, INamingContainer).

    It all works fine when the control is dropped onto a page. Which is
    good.

    However, I have now been asked to make this a WebService! The reason
    behind this is that they want it completely independent from any
    project that may with to use the control. So that if the control needs
    to be updated, all other projects do not need to be updated either.

    How on earth can I go about doing this? I was looking at XSL
    "Extension Objects", and they 'look' like something that could do what
    I need. However, I have no true idea if this is what I need to be
    looking at or not!

    Help please. All progress will be shared with the rest of the
    community.

    George Leithead, Jul 12, 2006