WebFolder permissions reset with application restart?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Shane Holder, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Shane Holder

    Shane Holder Guest

    <SUMMARY>
    Permission on /bin directory gets reset when the asp.net worker
    process is restarted, how can I avoid this?
    </SUMMARY>

    <DETAIL>
    I have a WinForm component which I'm hosting in a WebForm. This
    situation requires that read permissions be allowed in IIS on the
    folder containing the .dll and that the directory be in the search
    path for the <OBJECT> tag in the html, so I used the application bin
    directory to store the dll and set permissions inside IIS to read on
    the bin directory.

    The problem occurs when the system reboots or the asp worker process
    is restarted, the IIS permission on the directory is reset and the
    hosted control no longer works correctly.

    Any ideas on how to make the permissions persist?
    </DETAIL>

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Shane Holder, Jun 22, 2005