WebFolder permissions reset with application restart?

Shane Holder

<SUMMARY>
Permission on /bin directory gets reset when the asp.net worker
process is restarted, how can I avoid this?
</SUMMARY>

<DETAIL>
I have a WinForm component which I'm hosting in a WebForm. This
situation requires that read permissions be allowed in IIS on the
folder containing the .dll and that the directory be in the search
path for the <OBJECT> tag in the html, so I used the application bin
directory to store the dll and set permissions inside IIS to read on
the bin directory.

The problem occurs when the system reboots or the asp worker process
is restarted, the IIS permission on the directory is reset and the
hosted control no longer works correctly.

Any ideas on how to make the permissions persist?
</DETAIL>

Thanks,
Shane