Webserver's performance for dynamic web applications?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Fernie, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. Fernie

    Fernie Guest

    I have a 1.4 Ghz Celeron, 512 mb ram, 10 mbps NIC webserver running Windows
    2000 Server and IIS 5. It consistently serves very close to 400 gigabytes
    of monthly traffic.

    Served content includes static as well as dynamic web pages:

    - regular html pages and images
    - real time topsite ranking 'cgi'
    - webpage referral system 'cgi'
    - domain name isapi filter that stops people from stealing your bandwidth
    when attempting to link to your images from other websites.
    - website hit statistics 'isapi' program (commercial)
    - mail server 'service' program (commercial)
    - and other lower usage cgi applications such as form mail and voting,
    etc...

    My server never exceeds 175mb of ram consumption and the processor usage
    runs between 40-75%.

    So in a nutshell, I'd like to get some input as to how my internet server
    and applications fare in comparison to other peoples internet servers and
    applications. I've designed my dynamic applications to run efficiently but
    not as efficiently as possible which would mean converting single process
    CGIs to multi-threaded ISAPIs.

    Thank you very much for your comments.

    Fernie

    --