Webservice API Call

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Zachary Chauvin, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. I get the following error below upon attempts to access a webservice that
    attempts to call advapi32.dll

    I believe this to be a security issue yet I am logging in under windows
    authentication mode as a user with administrative priveleges (which I would
    like to change). I can make the API call through a windows app with no
    issues but as soon as I attempt to call it through the webservice it gives
    me the error. Everything else in the webservice itself works, including the
    issuing and returning of data, it's only when I attempt to make the API call
    it pukes.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Zach

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
    occurred in system.web.services.dll

    Additional information: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server
    was unable to process request. ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException:
    Unable to find an entry point named GetLastError in DLL advapi32.dll.

    Zachary Chauvin, Jun 1, 2004