WebService called by automation dll times out when being called from Navision

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Felix, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Felix

    Felix Guest

    Hi Fellows,

    following problem: I have written a class library in vb.net an enabled
    it for com interop. A class within the library calls the FileNet
    Content Engine Webservice. That is a Webservice of a document
    Management System that uses MS WebService Enhancement 2.0 SP 3.

    When i add a reference inside MS Word or Excel to the dll`s
    corresponding tlb file and call the methods from word/excel-vba,
    everything works fine. When i integrate the libary in ms navision as an
    automation object i can use it as well, but all the methods that
    internally call webservices time out. I have written a winforms
    test-app in vb.net and it works too. What the Heck could cause the
    timeouts in the navision call context? I had the same effect with MS
    access.

    THX for your Help!

    Felix, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Felix

    Felix Guest

    Unbelievable, but the automatic search for LAN-Settings was the reason.

    Felix, Sep 29, 2006