webservices and CIM-XML

ameyas

hi all,

i am analyzing an existing systems design diagrams, i do not have
detailed technical info about its implementation.
there are few components which are servlets but they are shown to be
using XML over HTTP. this pretty much sounds like SOAP. however there
were some references which state that they use CIM-XML (
http://www.dmtf.org/standards/wbem/CIM-XML ) which is also XML over
HTTP
also interestingly the servlet return xml as response.

my question is what are the chances that these servlets are being used
like webservices.

does webservice allow CIM-XML protocol or it deals with SOAP and other
if any?

also is there a chance that these servlets are hit from some client
code using URLConnection and then the response (in xml) be parsed
using parser.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

- amey