WebServices not working

Seth Williams

I have done some new development on older files, locally - then I copy the
files, along with the .vb files for the webservices, to our DEV server.
Now, mysteriously, no web services are running - I did find that some of the
disco/wsdl files referenced the wrong webservice website, and I changed
them, but no webservices for this application work on that server

I went to the webserver itself, and put in the localhost/path/whatever.asmx
files - - the test page comes up fine.
I have double checked the files themselves, and copied the files again

I'm out of ideas -- what might be a reason that webservices simply stops
working on a server?

Jeff Dillon

Seth Williams said:
I have done some new development on older files, locally - then I copy the
files, along with the .vb files for the webservices, to our DEV server.
Now, mysteriously, no web services are running - I did find that some of
the disco/wsdl files referenced the wrong webservice website, and I
changed them, but no webservices for this application work on that server

I went to the webserver itself, and put in the
localhost/path/whatever.asmx files - - the test page comes up fine.
I have double checked the files themselves, and copied the files again

I'm out of ideas -- what might be a reason that webservices simply stops
working on a server?

Do you get an error when you submit the test page?

Seth Williams

no - but I kept messing with it, and tried the DEV webservice directly in my
local machine's project - that seemed to work, so it had to be a problem
between the project and the webservices, which ultimately helped me figure
it out

I don't know why, but the actual webreferences apparently stopped
working - - I deleted them all and then added them in one by one, and it
started working.

siccolo

I have done some new development on older files, locally - then I copy the
files, along with the .vb files for the webservices, to our DEV server.
Now, mysteriously, no web services are running - I did find that some of the
disco/wsdl files referenced the wrong webservice website, and I changed
them, but no webservices for this application work on that server

I went to the webserver itself, and put in the localhost/path/whatever.asmx
files - - the test page comes up fine.
I have double checked the files themselves, and copied the files again

I'm out of ideas -- what might be a reason that webservices simply stops
working on a server?

maybe something in windows Event Log?

... more at http://www.siccolo.com/articles.asp ....