Website Images Broken

Jon B

Hi There!

For some reasons, some images of my ASP.NET website are cannot be displayed
in the browser (even tho they exists on the server). They are just normal
JPG and PNG images and the website has been working fine before. I tried
re-upload the original files to the remote server but still no solution.

Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance!!!
Jon

Jon B

Just an update. All of the images that are borken are PNG images. And this
is happening not only in IE but Firefox as well. I've tried with different
computers as well but the results are the same. So I just came to the
conclusion that this is a server problem not client side (i.e. Browser).

Thank you all in advance!!!
Jon

Jon B

Any ideas guys??

Jon

Jon B said:
Just an update. All of the images that are borken are PNG images. And this
is happening not only in IE but Firefox as well. I've tried with different
computers as well but the results are the same. So I just came to the
conclusion that this is a server problem not client side (i.e. Browser).

Thank you all in advance!!!
Jon

Juan T. Llibre

Does the ASPNET account have NTFS permissions
to the directory where you store those images ?

Jon B

Hi Juan,

Yes, ASPNET account has "Full Control" on the root folder, as well as the
sub folders and files. And just for the record, all other image types are
showing except the PNG ones.

Thanks again,
Jon

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Browse directly to the address of some of the images and see what error
message the browser displays.

Jon B

I get "HTTP 404 - File not found"

But the images ****exists**** does exists on the server...

Any ideas?
Jon

Juan T. Llibre

That's the error a permissions problem will throw, not an "access denied".

This goes right back to the account you are using for anonymous access,
which shouldn't be the same account you are using as the ASP.NET identity.

Jon B

So which user am I supposed to give permission to? IUSER or ASPNET? I've
given NTFS permissions to both accounts and I've tested with both accounts
in IIS "Directory Security" and still no solution...

Another thing that puzzle me is that, if this is an access issue, why is it
only happening on PNG images and not other JPG or GIF images on the site?

Thanks again,

Jon

Jon B

guys...

Jon B said:
So which user am I supposed to give permission to? IUSER or ASPNET? I've
given NTFS permissions to both accounts and I've tested with both accounts
in IIS "Directory Security" and still no solution...

Another thing that puzzle me is that, if this is an access issue, why is
it only happening on PNG images and not other JPG or GIF images on the
site?

Thanks again,

Jon

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

So which user am I supposed to give permission to? IUSER or ASPNET? I've
given NTFS permissions to both accounts and I've tested with both accounts
in IIS "Directory Security" and still no solution...

To the account that is used for anonymous access for the web site.
Usually IUSR_(machinname) or IIS_WPG.
Another thing that puzzle me is that, if this is an access issue, why is it
only happening on PNG images and not other JPG or GIF images on the site?

That probably depends on how you copied the files to their current
location, rather than the data type.

Jon B

That probably depends on how you copied the files to their current
location, rather than the data type.

What do you mean by "how you copied the files to their current location" ? I
just use Macromedia Dreamweaver to upload them. The web server is within our
LAN.

Thanks again,
Jon