website in frame using top.document

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by caldwellj, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. caldwellj

    caldwellj Guest

    Hello to anyone that can help,

    Basically, I am trying to design a page with 4 frames which are
    nested. A left frame and then a right frame with 3 frame rows.

    <frameset cols="20%,*">
    <frame name="left" scrolling="auto" src="SubjectFrame.asp">
    <frameset rows="8%,58%,*">
    <frame name="rtop" src="NavFrame.asp" scrolling="auto">
    <frame name="rmiddle" src="http://www.homelog.com" scrolling="auto">
    <frame name="rbottom" src="ResourcesFrame.asp" scrolling="auto">
    </frameset>
    </frameset>

    The problem is that my frame with name=rmiddle, is calling the src
    from a page which is from an external site from which I have no
    control over, and it appears to contain javascript which references
    the top.document element as I noticed when I tried to debug the error.
    But since I am putting this page in a frame, I continously get an
    Runtime Error because it doesn't see this as the top document. Is
    there anyway in which I can "fool" their site in thinking that the
    frame is the top document so that I can then view it on my site?

    Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Jim

    caldwellj, Aug 28, 2003

  2. caldwellj

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > the top.document element as I noticed when I tried to debug the error.
    > But since I am putting this page in a frame, I continously get an
    > Runtime Error because it doesn't see this as the top document. Is
    > there anyway in which I can "fool" their site in thinking that the
    > frame is the top document so that I can then view it on my site?

    Not in the normal security environment, no.

    Thank goodness.
    All we need is someone to be able to load our pages in their frame and
    muck around with them. Not.

    ~kaeli~
    Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading
    my hard disk?
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Aug 29, 2003