website in frame using top.document

caldwellj

Hello to anyone that can help,

Basically, I am trying to design a page with 4 frames which are
nested. A left frame and then a right frame with 3 frame rows.

<frameset cols="20%,*">
<frame name="left" scrolling="auto" src="SubjectFrame.asp">
<frameset rows="8%,58%,*">
<frame name="rtop" src="NavFrame.asp" scrolling="auto">
<frame name="rmiddle" src="http://www.homelog.com" scrolling="auto">
<frame name="rbottom" src="ResourcesFrame.asp" scrolling="auto">
</frameset>
</frameset>

The problem is that my frame with name=rmiddle, is calling the src
from a page which is from an external site from which I have no
control over, and it appears to contain javascript which references
the top.document element as I noticed when I tried to debug the error.
But since I am putting this page in a frame, I continously get an
Runtime Error because it doesn't see this as the top document. Is
there anyway in which I can "fool" their site in thinking that the
frame is the top document so that I can then view it on my site?

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jim

kaeli

the top.document element as I noticed when I tried to debug the error.
But since I am putting this page in a frame, I continously get an
Runtime Error because it doesn't see this as the top document. Is
there anyway in which I can "fool" their site in thinking that the
frame is the top document so that I can then view it on my site?

Not in the normal security environment, no.

Thank goodness.
All we need is someone to be able to load our pages in their frame and
muck around with them. Not.

~kaeli~
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading
my hard disk?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace