Website with TreeView works fine in development, but crashes in a 'secure' website on server.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mufasa, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Mufasa

    Mufasa Guest

    I have a website that I've developed with a treeview that works fine on the
    development environment. I then copy it to our production server and the
    tree view won't work.

    One of the things I did was change the was the files are handled so the .Net
    handles all of the requests. This was done because on the web site we have
    lots of non-aspx files (.html, .doc, .xls, ...) files that we want protected
    so nobody can get to them without logging in to our web page first. ( We
    used to use windows authentication but that became a pain.)

    So now I have it that the only pages you can get at our our login page and
    my test page with the treeview. I've noticed a couple of things - if I put a
    required field validator on my login page, it causes an error. The treeview
    causes an error when it attempts to load. My guess is something is going on
    with the extra security.

    Can anbody help? It's almost like I can either have .Net handle the security
    for all files/objects but now can't do javascript or the files are left open
    and I can go javascript.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    TIA - Jeff.

    Mufasa, Jun 10, 2007