Webstart using ftp?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bernd Eggink, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Bernd Eggink

    Bernd Eggink Guest

    Is it possible to launch an application with javaws via an ftp URL?
    I tried something like

    javaws ftp://user:passwd@host/blah/blah.jnlp

    The jnlp element in blah.jnlp has the attributes:

    codebase="ftp://user:passwd@host/blah"
    href="blah.jnlp"

    and the resources element contains

    <jar href="blah.jar" main="true" download="eager"/>

    But all I get is an error message caused by a "not logged in"
    exception. The funny thing is, javaws can read the file blah.jnlp, but
    then is unable to get the jar file residing in the same directory.

    Is this supposed to work at all? Or am I missing something?

    Regards,
    Bernd

    --
    Bernd Eggink
    Regionales Rechenzentrum der Uni Hamburg
    Bernd Eggink, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Bernd Eggink

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Bernd Eggink" <-hamburg.de> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to launch an application with javaws via an ftp URL?
    > I tried something like
    >
    > javaws ftp://user:passwd@host/blah/blah.jnlp
    >
    > The jnlp element in blah.jnlp has the attributes:
    >
    > codebase="ftp://user:passwd@host/blah"
    > href="blah.jnlp"
    >
    > and the resources element contains
    >
    > <jar href="blah.jar" main="true" download="eager"/>
    >
    > But all I get is an error message caused by a "not logged in"
    > exception. The funny thing is, javaws can read the file blah.jnlp, but
    > then is unable to get the jar file residing in the same directory.
    >
    > Is this supposed to work at all? Or am I missing something?

    If it doesn't work, you could try submitting a bug report to Sun.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Apr 6, 2006