Weird Compilation Error Migrating from Dreamweaver to VS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by James Zhuo, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. James Zhuo

    James Zhuo Guest

    hi all

    I changed the name of the class LoginPage to a different
    name "LoginPageOne" But the same error gets generated with
    the Wiliam.Request.LoginPageOne. That pretty much leaves
    me clueless at this point.

    Please help

    Cheer

    James

    >Apparently, you have a class which has multiple
    >definitions within the same
    >namespace in your code. Should be pretty easy to track
    >down. Are you using
    >C#? If so, it is certainly possible to create 2 class
    >files, define the same
    >namespace in each, and create a duplicate class within
    >the same namespace.
    >
    >--
    >HTH,
    >
    >Kevin Spencer
    >Microsoft MVP
    >..Net Developer
    >http://www.takempis.com
    >The more I learn, the less I know.
    >
    >"James Zhuo" <> wrote in
    >message
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I've been getting the following compilation error. I

    should explain the
    >> background of the project that i am taking over. This

    is a project that
    has
    >> been developed by someone else a while ago using

    dreamweaver, I am
    basically
    >> trying to migrate the project into a Visual Studio .NET

    environment before
    >> start enhancing it.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on where the source of error may be

    would be greatly
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> James
    >> Compilation Error

    of a resource
    required
    >> to service this request. Please review the following

    specific error
    details
    >> and modify your source code appropriately.
    >>
    >> Compiler Error Message:

    CS1595: 'Wiliam.Request.LoginPage' is defined in
    >> multiple places; using definition from
    >> 'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary

    ASP.NET

    Files\ticketing\51e97ea9\cbdc4eb9\assembly\dl\b46c1607
    \c1f6bd86_7f68c301\Tic
    >> keting.DLL'
    >>

    >> More details here

    http://www.oceanware.com.au/~anna/boy/Wiliam/documentation/