Type/namespace error using objectdatasource

Alex. O. Koranteng

I have created a class Department.cs in my App_Code folder. I am using
objectdatasource to populate my formsview control. When page loads, I am
getting the error mesage below: Will appreciate any suggestions.

Server Error in '/ObjectDataSourceGuide' Application.

Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Department'
could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly
reference?)

Source Error:

Line 15: if (!IsPostBack)
Line 16: {
Line 17: Department objDepartmnet=new Department();
Line 18:
Line 19:

Source File:
c:\Netforums\CsharpCorner\ObjectDataSourceGuide\ObjectDataSource\Default.aspx.cs Line: 17

Thanks

Alex. O. Koranteng

Mark,

Thanks for the code suggestion. I will implement it and update you by EOB
tomorrow

Alex

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the code suggestion. I will implement it and update you by EOB
tomorrow

You haven't updated this case for a long time. Have you solved this issue?
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to
follow up.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

Alex. O. Koranteng

Allen/Mark,

I am having difficulty implementing your code suggestions. Could you please
add your changes to the sample file I emailed you earlier. I could email you
another version if required. I'll really appreciate it and thanks for all
your help

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Alex,
I am having difficulty implementing your code suggestions. Could you please
add your changes to the sample file I emailed you earlier. I could email you
another version if required. I'll really appreciate it and thanks for all
your help

Thanks for your reply. Could you send your current project to me and tell
me what the problem is? My email is (e-mail address removed) update here
after sending the project in case I missed that email.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

Alex. O. Koranteng

Allen,

I will be sending the solution file by end of business day today. I really
appreciate your support. i could not do without it.