Weird problem from MTS...

ricolee99

Hi everyone,

I have a .net application called "InteropService". InteropService
consumes a com component called 'B'. 'B' consumes a third party dll.
Everything seems to work fine. However, I've been noticing that
everyday, a system error pops up a few times in the event viewer.

Here is the error:

The system has called a custom component and that component has failed
and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom
component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has
occurred and provide them with the information below.
Component Prog ID: MQ resource(MQP21)
Method Name: IDispenserDriver::Release
Server Application ID: {9CE736CF-811F-4430-B33D-75A0AA0E2AEA}
Server Application Instance ID:
{FA307A21-952E-4C6B-8546-900068C542B0}
Server Application Name: InteropService
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
Exception: C0000005
Address: 0x03602153
Call Stack:
+ 0x3602153
COMSVCS!DispManGetContext + 0x36a
COMSVCS!DispManGetContext + 0xdb3a
COMSVCS!DispManGetContext + 0xcfde
COMSVCS!DispManGetContext + 0xd01c
COMSVCS!CoLoadServices + 0x183c
COMSVCS!CoLoadServices + 0x1bc8
COMSVCS!CoLoadServices + 0xd71
ole32!CoPopServiceDomain + 0xe40
ole32!CoRegisterSurrogateEx + 0x197
dllhost! + 0x137c
dllhost! + 0x1646
kernel32!IsProcessorFeaturePresent + 0x9e

I've tried searching on the internet but I don't have a clue what the
problem may be. The first thing is that It complains of
IDispenseDriver::Release method. I don't recall explicitly using this
method, so it must be called indirectly from another api. I've
searched and found that IDispenseDriver exists. However, there is no
method called "Release" that exists. I've tried looking at this
problem for days but I'm completely stumped. Anyone with any
suggestions or comments would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Sharon

Brian Muth

[...]

Release() is a standard method that all COM interfaces must support,
including IDispenseDriver. I can assure you it most certainly does exist.

Having said that, your COM object has thrown an access violation error and
Component Services has dutifully killed it. I'm afraid there isn't much
other information to go on. These bugs can be quite difficult to track down
unless you obtain more information about what activity was taking place at
the time of the crash.

Brian