    I'm really happy vor any suggestions.

    Thanks
    Ray

    Ray K., Aug 14, 2010

  2. Ray K.

    Ray K. Guest

    Ray K. wrote:
    > I have a really weird problem. In IRB / Rails Console I cannot type a
    > Capital C.
    >
    > My system: OS X, 10.6.4
    > Ruby Version: 1.9.2.rc2, as well as 1.9.1.p378
    >
    > The "C" works everywhere else, in OSX, in the Terminal, but not in IRB.
    > Not even if I copy one in from somewhere else.
    >
    > I tried another ruby version, I tried wiping my .irbrc, no luck so far.
    > I'm really happy vor any suggestions.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ray

    I'm using workarounds here, or avoiding classes beginning with C. If
    anyone has the same problem contact me at ticktricktrack(at)gmail.com.
    Even if this post has gone stale.

    Ray

    Ray K., Aug 16, 2010

  3. Only a guess, but maybe a problem with libreadline?

    Try: irb --noreadline

    and see if you can type normally. (Admittedly, not having line editing
    is a real pain, but it would help to localise the problem)

    If this is the problem: you could check /etc/inputrc, ~/.inputrc and the
    INPUTRC environment variable (echo $INPUTRC)

    Brian Candler, Aug 17, 2010
  4. Ray K.

    Ray K. Guest

    Brian Candler wrote:
    > Only a guess, but maybe a problem with libreadline?
    >
    > Try: irb --noreadline
    >
    > and see if you can type normally. (Admittedly, not having line editing
    > is a real pain, but it would help to localise the problem)
    >
    > If this is the problem: you could check /etc/inputrc, ~/.inputrc and the
    > INPUTRC environment variable (echo $INPUTRC)

    Thanks, that helped a lot.
    I finally fixed it with

    ∴ rvm package install readline
    ∴ rvm remove 1.9.2-rc2
    ∴ rvm install 1.9.2-rc2 -C --with-readline-dir=$HOME/.rvm/usr

    http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/packages/readline/

    Ray

    Ray K., Aug 18, 2010