    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Luc The Perverse

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Luc The Perverse wrote:
    > Have you been back for awhile? (Maybe I'm just stupid!)

    Roedy has been active in other newsgroups during at least part of the
    time that he hasn't been active here. His web pages were also being
    updated from time to time.

    > I was . . surprised to see a post from you

    I too, noticed his absence from comp.lang.java.*.

    Ian Wilson, Mar 12, 2007

  3. "Ian Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > Luc The Perverse wrote:
    >> Have you been back for awhile? (Maybe I'm just stupid!)

    > Roedy has been active in other newsgroups during at least part of the time
    > that he hasn't been active here. His web pages were also being updated
    > from time to time.
    >

    >> I was . . surprised to see a post from you

    > I too, noticed his absence from comp.lang.java.*.

    Yeah I knew he had been posting to political groups.

    I doubt anyone except google groups remembers - but I asked if something had
    happened to him and someone showed me his activie posts in other forums.

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Mar 12, 2007
  4. Luc The Perverse

    Guest

    In article <>,
    Luc The Perverse <> wrote:
    > "Ian Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > > Luc The Perverse wrote:
    > >> Have you been back for awhile? (Maybe I'm just stupid!)

    > > Roedy has been active in other newsgroups during at least part of the time
    > > that he hasn't been active here. His web pages were also being updated
    > > from time to time.
    > >

    > >> I was . . surprised to see a post from you

    > > I too, noticed his absence from comp.lang.java.*.

    > Yeah I knew he had been posting to political groups.
    >
    > I doubt anyone except google groups remembers - but I asked if something had
    > happened to him and someone showed me his activie posts in other forums.

    I'll belatedly second the "welcome back!" -- and say that yes, at
    least one person does vaguely remember a discussion a while back
    of "what happened to that Roedy Green guy? oh, posting mainly to
    political groups, okay ...."

    --
    B. L. Massingill

    , Mar 15, 2007
  5. <> wrote in message

    >> > Roedy has been active in other newsgroups during at least part of the
    >> > time
    >> > that he hasn't been active here. His web pages were also being updated
    >> > from time to time.

    >> > I too, noticed his absence from comp.lang.java.*.

    >> Yeah I knew he had been posting to political groups.
    >>
    >> I doubt anyone except google groups remembers - but I asked if something
    >> had
    >> happened to him and someone showed me his activie posts in other forums.
    >>

    > I'll belatedly second the "welcome back!" -- and say that yes, at
    > least one person does vaguely remember a discussion a while back
    > of "what happened to that Roedy Green guy? oh, posting mainly to
    > political groups, okay ...."

    Well I'm glad someone does!

    I feel like my concern was justified. If he were a healthy 20 year old dork
    like me with computers as a past-time disappearing would make more sense.
    But his life seemed to consist of usenet and his website and the one day he
    is gone.

    Of course - maybe I'm full of hot air . . because I was just as worried
    about blackviper when he disappeared off the face of the earth and then
    magically reappeared about 2 weeks ago. www.blackviper.com

    --
    LTP

    :)