Welcome Back Roedy Green!

Luc The Perverse

Have you been back for awhile? (Maybe I'm just stupid!)

I was . . surprised to see a post from you

Ian Wilson

Luc said:
Have you been back for awhile? (Maybe I'm just stupid!)

Roedy has been active in other newsgroups during at least part of the
time that he hasn't been active here. His web pages were also being
updated from time to time.
I was . . surprised to see a post from you

I too, noticed his absence from comp.lang.java.*.

Luc The Perverse

Ian Wilson said:
Roedy has been active in other newsgroups during at least part of the time
that he hasn't been active here. His web pages were also being updated
from time to time.

I too, noticed his absence from comp.lang.java.*.

Yeah I knew he had been posting to political groups.

I doubt anyone except google groups remembers - but I asked if something had
happened to him and someone showed me his activie posts in other forums.

blmblm

Yeah I knew he had been posting to political groups.

I doubt anyone except google groups remembers - but I asked if something had
happened to him and someone showed me his activie posts in other forums.

I'll belatedly second the "welcome back!" -- and say that yes, at
least one person does vaguely remember a discussion a while back
of "what happened to that Roedy Green guy? oh, posting mainly to
political groups, okay ...."

Luc The Perverse

I'll belatedly second the "welcome back!" -- and say that yes, at
least one person does vaguely remember a discussion a while back
of "what happened to that Roedy Green guy? oh, posting mainly to
political groups, okay ...."

Well I'm glad someone does!

I feel like my concern was justified. If he were a healthy 20 year old dork
like me with computers as a past-time disappearing would make more sense.
But his life seemed to consist of usenet and his website and the one day he
is gone.

Of course - maybe I'm full of hot air . . because I was just as worried
about blackviper when he disappeared off the face of the earth and then
magically reappeared about 2 weeks ago. www.blackviper.com