    What does instantText mean in Edit method of DataGridColumnStyle?

    Regards

    Hamed
    Hamed, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Hamed

    Nithya Guest

    Hi Hamed
    instantText in Edit method:

    protected internal virtual void Edit(
    CurrencyManager source,
    int rowNum,
    Rectangle bounds,
    bool readOnly,
    string instantText
    );

    Parameters

    source
    The CurrencyManager for the DataGridColumnStyle.
    rowNum
    The row number in this column which is being edited.
    bounds
    The Rectangle in which the control is to be sited.
    readOnly
    A value indicating whether the column is a read-only. true if the
    value is read-only; otherwise, false.
    instantText
    The text to display in the control.

    About instantText in MSDN link:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...wsformsdatagridcolumnstyleclassedittopic3.asp

    More about this in KB
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842290

    --
    HTH
    Nithya

    Nithya, Sep 23, 2006

  3. Hamed

    Hamed Guest

    I have seen them. but there is no more description than just "The text to
    display in the control. "

    I have checked this parameter and it seems it is always null. Is there a
    situation that the value of this parameter is not null?

    Hamed, Sep 24, 2006