What does V WebDev do when I make a new user for my application?

Darrel

I'm just beginning ot use asp.net 2 and Visual Web Developer.

I noticed the new ASP.net Configuration wizard where (it appears) you can
set up your applications authentication mode and actually add users. I went
throught is, said it worked, but I have no idea what it did. I don't see any
changes to the WebConfig file (just a one line authentication = forms node)
and I have no idea what database it is using to store the user information
as it never prompted me for a specific DB.

So...what, exactly, did it do?

-Darrel

Aytaç ÖZAY

Hi Darrel,

ASP.NET Wizard is using aspnetdb as a default database for storing the
users. And some configuration settings are stored in .net framework file's
locations.

Have a nice work,

Aytaç ÖZAY
Software Developer

Darrel

ASP.NET Wizard is using aspnetdb as a default database for storing the
users. And some configuration settings are stored in .net framework file's
locations.

Where is this database? How do I access it? How do I change this if it's not
in the web Config file?

-Darrel

Erik Funkenbusch

and I have no idea what database it is using to store the user information
as it never prompted me for a specific DB.

So...what, exactly, did it do?

Look in your App_Data directory.