What gem needs to be installed so that 'require sqlite3' will work?

Kenneth McDonald

I've installed sqlite3-ruby, but that wasn't enough; I'm still getting:

irb(main):001:0> require 'sqlite3'
LoadError: no such file to load -- sqlite3
from (irb):1:in `require'
from (irb):1

Thanks,
Ken

Stefano Crocco

Alle Tuesday 30 September 2008, Kenneth McDonald ha scritto:
I've installed sqlite3-ruby, but that wasn't enough; I'm still getting:

irb(main):001:0> require 'sqlite3'
LoadError: no such file to load -- sqlite3
from (irb):1:in `require'
from (irb):1

Thanks,
Ken

If you installed sqlite3-ruby using rubygems, have you required 'rubygems'
before requiring 'sqlite3' (or added rubygems to the RUBYOPT environment
variable)?

Stefano

Kenneth McDonald

Yes, the require rubygems did it, thank you. As you can tell, I'm
still pretty
new to Ruby.

Thanks,
Ken