What happend to Jikes ?

dave

Does anyone know what happend to Jikes ?

I would like to have a version of Jikes which fully
supports Java 5.0, but I wonder if anyone is still
working on it, since the last release was in
October 2004 ...

Will there ever be a new release ?

It really annoys me that there's is absolutely no
information about the status of the Jikes-project ...
(See http://jikes.sourceforge.net)

Knute Johnson

Does anyone know what happend to Jikes ?

I would like to have a version of Jikes which fully
supports Java 5.0, but I wonder if anyone is still
working on it, since the last release was in
October 2004 ...

Will there ever be a new release ?

It really annoys me that there's is absolutely no
information about the status of the Jikes-project ...
(See http://jikes.sourceforge.net)

I thought 1.22 was up to date. Is that not the case?

Tim Tyler

Does anyone know what happend to Jikes ?

I would like to have a version of Jikes which fully
supports Java 5.0, but I wonder if anyone is still
working on it, since the last release was in
October 2004 ...

Will there ever be a new release ?

I'd be suprised if Jikes got much more development, now that
IBM have the Eclipse compiler:

``Eclipse have great fast and incremental compiller which can also detect
problems like possible accidental boolean assignment, method with
constructor name, finally block not completing normally, unused locals,
unused private fields and unused throws and lot of others. You can run
this compiller from command line using the following command. [...]''

- http://jroller.com/comments/eu/Weblog/using_eclipse_java_compiler_outside

Documentation about the command line parameters is available on:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/inde...re-home/howto/batch compile/batchCompile.html

HTH,

dave

(e-mail address removed) wrote or quoted:
[...]

Thanks, I'll check it out.