what if I dont give the "Content-length" in my ajax call

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Abubakar, May 29, 2009.

  1. Abubakar

    Abubakar Guest

    Hi,

    I wrote some ajax script. And in it I have the following statement written:

    ax.setRequestHeader("Content-length", params.lengths);

    It worked pretty well in every browser (chrome, ff, ie7/8), but when I
    accessed the page on IE6 version : "6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158"
    (plz note the 040803-2158 in the end), I got an "Invalid procedure call or
    argument" and the script fails. Now I somehow got access to the Microsoft
    Script Debugger on that machine and it showed me the above line was the
    culprite. So I commented the line and retried accessing the page and it
    worked just fine. I have gone through many use cases of my website and so
    far no problem with the line being commented. So I just wanted to know that
    now I'm not specifying any content-length, can it cause any problems?

    Thanks,

    ...ab

    Abubakar, May 29, 2009

  2. Abubakar

    Abubakar Guest

    Was this not the relevant newsgroup for this question? Should I ask it
    somewhere else?

    Abubakar, May 30, 2009

  3. Abubakar

    Jeremy S Guest

    RE:

    > Was this not the relevant newsgroup for this question? Should I ask it
    > somewhere else?

    It may or may not be the relevant newsgroup. IMHO it is a good place to post
    this question, but others may disagree. You can try others and may get an
    answer.

    Also, this is a free peer newsgroup where other professionals (mostly
    non-MS) take a shot at answering your question if they can. It's possible
    that nobody here has a good answer to your question - thus no other

    Jeremy S, May 30, 2009
  4. Abubakar

    Abubakar Guest

    hmm.