what if I dont give the "Content-length" in my ajax call

Abubakar

Hi,

I wrote some ajax script. And in it I have the following statement written:

ax.setRequestHeader("Content-length", params.lengths);

It worked pretty well in every browser (chrome, ff, ie7/8), but when I
accessed the page on IE6 version : "6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158"
(plz note the 040803-2158 in the end), I got an "Invalid procedure call or
argument" and the script fails. Now I somehow got access to the Microsoft
Script Debugger on that machine and it showed me the above line was the
culprite. So I commented the line and retried accessing the page and it
worked just fine. I have gone through many use cases of my website and so
far no problem with the line being commented. So I just wanted to know that
now I'm not specifying any content-length, can it cause any problems?

Thanks,

...ab

Abubakar

Was this not the relevant newsgroup for this question? Should I ask it
somewhere else?

Jeremy S

RE:
Was this not the relevant newsgroup for this question? Should I ask it
somewhere else?

It may or may not be the relevant newsgroup. IMHO it is a good place to post
this question, but others may disagree. You can try others and may get an
answer.

Also, this is a free peer newsgroup where other professionals (mostly
non-MS) take a shot at answering your question if they can. It's possible
that nobody here has a good answer to your question - thus no other

Abubakar

hmm.

RE: