What is best way to send email

winstontuck

Hi

I am busy with a webapplication and would like to know what is the best
way to send an email from within the application.

Thank you.

David Dorward

I am busy with a webapplication and would like to know what is the best
way to send an email from within the application.

With a form to get the data to the server (possibly enhanced by JavaScript
on the client for a convenience check for things that would be rejected by
the server side script (such as missing fields) and possibly with an Ajax
style handler to avoid reloading the entire page (if appropriate)).

The specifics on the server depend very much on the server environment. In
general though, the email address should not come from the client (unless
you have confirmed the identity the client and trust them), and email
should not be sent to third parties without their permission (and should
you seek permission by email then there should be protection against people
either using it to mailbomb the person with requests or including personal
messages (i.e. spam) with the request).