what is .NET Remoting?

bruce barker

..Net remoting allows one .net component to call another .net component that
is in a different app domain or is on a different server. It replaces DCOM.

Remoting won't solve your problem, but you could easily write a proxy server
on the main site, of use SOAP, for the main site to call the other.

Kees

Hi,

I'm building a web application but the hosting that I got, does not support
dot NET. If I have access to another .NET hosting, I'm wondering if i can
solve this problme with .NET Remoting. That is having the website in the
non-dot net hosting, but all the application run on another .NET hosting.
I'm new to .NET Remoting, I do not have clear understand what is it, and
when ppl use it. I welcome any information about it.

Thanx guys

Kees