what is .NET Remoting?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris Jackson, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. ..NET Remoting requires the .NET framework on both sides - it's a mechanism
    for doing remote objects. There is an intro here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/introremoting.asp

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer

    "Kees" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm building a web application but the hosting that I got, does not

    support

    Chris Jackson, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Remoting is simply the ability to use classes across a TCP/IP network. For
    detailed information, see:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/introremoting.asp

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Chris Jackson

    bruce barker Guest

    ..Net remoting allows one .net component to call another .net component that
    is in a different app domain or is on a different server. It replaces DCOM.

    Remoting won't solve your problem, but you could easily write a proxy server
    on the main site, of use SOAP, for the main site to call the other.

    Kees, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Chris Jackson

    Kees Guest

    thanx guys,