    "Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
    http://www.eden-foundation.org/

    new income - better environment - more food - less poverty
    Josef Garvi, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Josef Garvi wrote:

    > I just downloaded the Java Media Framework, but it doesn't make much sense
    > to me. Is it supposed to be an optional API?
    > If so, I don't see any demos, javadoc, etc....
    >
    > The file I downloaded was called jmf-2_1_1e-windows-i586.exe.

    I am really surprized that you did not find any demo and javadoc for JMF.
    Did you really have a look on
    http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/index.jsp or
    http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/projects/multimedia/audio_video/jmf.html?Open&ca=daw-ja-dr?

    You can even find a tutorial at
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/edu/j-dw-javajmf-i.html?Open&ca=daw-ja-dr

    Hope this helps

    Frédéric
    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?G=E9din_Fr=E9d=E9ric?=, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi Guest

    Gédin Frédéric wrote:

    > I am really surprized that you did not find any demo and javadoc for JMF.
    > Did you really have a look on
    > http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/index.jsp or

    Yes, and I see some online demos.
    But I thought there usually is some documentation in the JDK dowloads, and
    I'm wondering if I've really got a JDK or just a JRE?

    > http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/projects/multimedia/audio_video/jmf.html?Open&ca=daw-ja-dr?
    >
    > You can even find a tutorial at
    > http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/edu/j-dw-javajmf-i.html?Open&ca=daw-ja-dr

    Thanks, nice links.

    --
    Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Josef Garvi

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:54:17 +0200, Josef Garvi
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >I just downloaded the Java Media Framework, but it doesn't make much sense
    >to me. Is it supposed to be an optional API?
    >If so, I don't see any demos, javadoc, etc....

    It is for interfacing cameras, microphones, and playing continuous
    sound and video. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jmf.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 16, 2004
  5. Josef Garvi

    <> wrote or quoted :

    >I just downloaded the Java Media Framework, but it doesn't make much sense
    >to me. Is it supposed to be an optional API?
    >If so, I don't see any demos, javadoc, etc...

    The big problem I have with it is lack of source code. I can't use my
    navigation tools to rapidly chase around and find classes and methods.

    I have pretend to be the easter bunny looking for them in various
    warrens.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 16, 2004
  6. Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:54:17 +0200, Josef Garvi
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >

    >>I just downloaded the Java Media Framework, but it doesn't make much sense
    >>to me. Is it supposed to be an optional API?
    >>If so, I don't see any demos, javadoc, etc....

    > It is for interfacing cameras, microphones, and playing continuous
    > sound and video. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jmf.html

    If my goal is to capture frames from video clips, would this be the right
    thing to use, or is it overkill? (i.e. one frame per clip to use as
    thumbnail in an index).

    --
    Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi, Apr 16, 2004