what is the prupose of the __USE_GNU preprocessor directive

parag_paul

I just saw that with the aCC <hp compiler>
I am not able to get the #include<iostream> to work
and there are checks where the
#include<new> under #ifd __USE_GNU

Please help
-Parag

santosh

I just saw that with the aCC <hp compiler>
I am not able to get the #include<iostream> to work
and there are checks where the
#include<new> under #ifd __USE_GNU

You need to ask in a HP or C++ group. Maybe comp.sys.hp.hpux?

Martin Ambuhl

I just saw that with the aCC <hp compiler>
I am not able to get the #include<iostream> to work

<iostream> is not a C header. If you want to compile C++, use a C++
compiler. And if you want to ask C++ questions, go to a C++ newsgroup.

Default User

Amblin' Marty Ambuhl said:
<iostream> is not a C header. If you want to compile C++, use a C++
compiler. And if you want to ask C++ questions, go to a C++
newsgroup.

He already did. On top of all the other problems, he multi-posted this
to clc++ as well.

Brian