What is the use of static function in C?

Mark McIntyre

I am in the UK rather frequently - at least a couple of times a year,
for at least a week at a time. And most of my coworkers are British.
And contemporary British fiction is one of my academic fields.

I live in the UK, have lived here for 39 years, speak English as my
primary language, and virtually all my coworkers are British-born
nowadays. I also live on a diet of english language fiction, science
books and live /with/ a book editor and married into a family of
publishers. So enough of the credentials!
Yet I have never noticed this quirk of dialect. How odd.

Perhaps you simply never noticed that this was what it meant. :)
So when someone says, oh, "You should try Branson pickle, though you
may not like it", they mean my opinion of it will inevitably be
incorrect?

Aha, I see. Thats an *entirely different* phrase. Seriously. There's
a world of difference between prepending and postpending the relevant
subclause. The location of the stress also is vitally important, and
thats of course tricky to get across in written media without
resorting to **spit** html..

These two phrases have quite different meanings...

"Though you may not like it, Branston pickle is good for you"
"Branston pickle is good for you, though you may not like it"

..... unless you stress the first "you" in the phrase under discussion
pronoun. But communication is a tricky thing,

indeed

(sarcasm snipped)