What replaces log4py under Python 3.2?

R

Rob Richardson

Greetings!

My company has been using the log4py library for a long time. A co-worker recently installed Python 3.2, and log4py will no longer compile. (OK, I know that's the wrong word, but you know what I mean.) What logging packageshould be used now?

Thank you.

RobR

R

Rob Richardson

Thank you for that link.

Our customers are used to the rotating log file capability of the log4py package. I did not see anything in that link that talks about rotating log files (changing file name when the date changes, and saving a limited numberof old log files). Is that possible using the stdlib logging package? Isthere something else available that will do that, so we don't have to rollour own (or, more likely, stick to Python 2.7, for which log4py works)?

Thanks again!

RobR

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:p[email protected]] On Behalf Of Irmen de Jong
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:41 PM
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Re: What replaces log4py under Python 3.2?

Greetings!

My company has been using the log4py library for a long time. A co-worker recently installed Python 3.2, and log4py will no longer compile. (OK, Iknow that's the wrong word, but you know what I mean.) What logging package should be used now?

The logging module from Python's stdlib?
http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/logging.html

Irmen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:p[email protected]] On Behalf Of Irmen de Jong
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:41 PM
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Re: What replaces log4py under Python 3.2?

Greetings!

My company has been using the log4py library for a long time. A co-worker recently installed Python 3.2, and log4py will no longer compile. (OK, Iknow that's the wrong word, but you know what I mean.) What logging package should be used now?

The logging module from Python's stdlib?
http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/logging.html

Irmen

Ask a Question