what syntax coloring does ruby-lang.org use?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Giles Bowkett, Nov 25, 2007.

  1. Giles Bowkett, Nov 25, 2007

  2. Giles Bowkett

    Robert Dober Guest

    On Nov 25, 2007 6:22 PM, Giles Bowkett <> wrote:
    > this IRB syntax coloring is so much cooler than my IRB syntax coloring:
    >
    > http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/quickstart/
    >
    > Does anyone know if it's real, or just a CSS thing?

    A quick look at the code indicates that they use the syntax gem, I am
    using the same on my blog.
    Now I might be completely wrong it is not unlikely that different
    syntax high lighters use the same CSS class names to express the same
    syntax information. OTOH I would guess it is a ruby syntax highlighter
    after all ;)

    Cheers
    Robert

    --
    what do I think about Ruby?
    http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/

    Robert Dober, Nov 25, 2007

  3. Giles Bowkett

    Nathan Grant Guest

    Nathan Grant, Nov 25, 2007
  4. > A quick look at the code indicates that they use the syntax gem, I am
    > using the same on my blog.
    > Now I might be completely wrong it is not unlikely that different
    > syntax high lighters use the same CSS class names to express the same
    > syntax information. OTOH I would guess it is a ruby syntax highlighter
    > after all ;)

    That's excellent news. I'm looking to use it in IRB, not on the Web,
    but if it can be used that's fantastic. This gem (on first glance) has
    much deeper syntax coloring than the syntax coloring I currently use
    in IRB (Wirble's).

    --
    Giles Bowkett

    Giles Bowkett, Nov 27, 2007
  5. On 11/25/07, Nathan Grant <> wrote:
    > I always thought it was the Ruby Blue theme from Wiseheart Design. [
    > http://wiseheartdesign.com/2006/3/11/ruby-blue-textmate-theme/ ]
    >
    > The site links to the original Vim theme, plus Textmate and Notepad++
    > versions. I've also used it in E - TextEditor on Windows.

    Gracias! Although:

    > Today I decided to spend a little time on a theme for Textmate
    > that mirrored the Ruby Lang design in the same way that my Vim theme did.

    Looks like a chicken/egg question.

    --
    Giles Bowkett

    Giles Bowkett, Nov 27, 2007