KS

When I'm trrough with test of the solution, let's say "MyFirstWebApp", -
what

1) has to be uploaded to my ISP ?
2) where can I find it locally ?
3) How can I upload it ?

KS, Denmark

G

It depends on what tool you used to develop "MyFirstWebApp", if you're using the SDK or WebMatrix, all files should be in the directory you specified when you started developing, you only have to upload all the .aspx, .asmx and ascx files, because all the code is "embedded" in those files, there's nothing else to it (maybe if you wrote .html files or a web.config file on your own you have to upload those too).

If you used VS.NET to develop "MyFirstWebApp" is because you have IIS in your test computer, so you have to go to the IIS Folder, located in your root directory and it's called "Inetpub", then, inside Inetpub there’s a Folder called "wwwroot" inside it there should be a folder called "MyFirstWebApp" (or the name of your application), that's the folder you need, but you shouldn't copy it completely, because your source code is in it, you have to access this folder and upload all files, except the .vb, .cs, .vbproj, csproj, because those are the ones containing your source code.
Now upload the rest of the files and folders (especially the “bin†folder), and that’s all there is to it!!!!!!.

Pretty simple huh?, the bad thing is that this only apply to VS.NET 2002 or 2003, because with "Whidbey" it's a whole new different story =).

jdgx(Colombia)

Ask a Question