What web server for WSGI? Recommended book?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gilles, Mar 27, 2013.

  1. Gilles

    Gilles Guest

    Hello

    After going through multiple articles about the advantage of using
    WSGI instead of FastCGI + Flup to run Python web apps, I have a couple
    of questions:

    1. Which server + WSGI module would you recommend? I know about Apache
    and Graham Dumpleton's mod_wsgi, but what about Lighttpd and Nginx? I
    read that Nginx's mod_wsgi written by Manlio Perillo is not
    recommended.

    2. At this point, is there a recommended book to learn how to write
    web applications in Python, preferably one that would first show the
    underlying mechanics before showing the main frameworks (web.py,
    Pylons, TurboGears, Django, etc.) so that I understand what's going on
    under the hood.

    Thank you.

    Gilles, Mar 27, 2013