    Thanks,
    John

    , Nov 15, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I'm using Eclipse to do Javascript.

    Me too :)

    > I'd really like an IDE with a good built-in help system for Javascript
    > (something like Visual Studio). Do you know of anything like this?

    Well, what do mean by that, what do you expect?

    I find both <http://jseditor.sf.net/> and <http://myeclipseide.com/>
    sufficient in that matter. See <news:>.

    BTW: I could not reach Harish Kataria regarding his JavaScript editor
    (which has no code completion but is great in recognizing prototypes),
    both contact addresses bounce. Do you think he would mind if I allowed
    downloading version 2.0 of it from my Web site?

    > I'm working on Linux.

    Me too :) But that does not really matter, Java is cross-platform,
    thus so is Eclipse and are (almost all) Eclipse plugins.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 15, 2005

  3. aundro Guest

    writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using Eclipse to do Javascript. I'd really like an IDE with a good
    > built-in help system for Javascript (something like Visual Studio). Do
    > you know of anything like this?
    >
    > I'm working on Linux.

    So am I.

    I fell in love with the combination FF-Emacs/js-mode.
    Check this out:
    http://blogs.acceleration.net/birdman/archive/2005/06/02/1210.aspx

    The point is: Connect emacs to a running instance of FF, and use it as
    a JS environment, just like you'd use any other image-based language
    (Lisp, ...).
    You can then execute code into FF's JS interpreter through emacs,
    try very quick tests/hacks immediately, or do more serious development...

    Of course, there is syntax highlighting, paren matching,
    auto-indenting, and .. it's fast ;)

    > Thanks,
    > John

    Arnaud