When/How often ist Web.config parsed

Achim Domma (SyynX Solutions GmbH)

Hi,

could somebody explain me when and how often Web.config is parsed? I
have some kind of simple key/value mapping in a database which I would
like to move to my Web.config.

The mapping contains about 10.000 key/value pairs. The amount of data is
not to large, so holding the mapping in memory would be no problem, but
parsing the xml for each request would be to much overhead.

How would you solve such an scenario in Asp.Net?

regards,
Achim

Guest

Anytime it's changed.
Anytime the site is restarted

Look at the Global.asax perhaps for this.