Where is IDLE?

Bobby Mozumder

I can't find it in the 2.3.3 source tarkit. Shouldn't it be in the
Tools directory?

BTW I am trying to embed an IDLE-type interpreter into a Qt TextEdit
widget. Has anyone done the same?

-bobby

Peter Otten

Bobby said:
I can't find it in the 2.3.3 source tarkit. Shouldn't it be in the
Tools directory?

$ find . -name idle
../Lib/idlelib/idle
../Tools/scripts/idle
../build/scripts-2.3/idle

Peter

Josiah Carlson

There are lots of Python IDEs, why do you want to implement another one ?

It is fun? You learn more about the language? You get fan mail? Other
editors don't satisfy your needs. Pick one, all, or some other reason
not listed.

- Josiah

Bobby Mozumder

It's for an engineering app that uses a Python interface.

Anyone have a Qt widget for a python interpreter?

-bobby