Where is my asp script?

R.D

Hi

My asp script is getting deleted once if i open it with frontpage?

I observed the following scenareos

1.If opened with front page it is getting deleted permanently but HTML CODE
available. I cant open it again with even note pad
2.If opened with notepad I can see till it is again opened with frontpage.

What could be the problem

Thnaks in advance
R.D

Steven Burn

NEVER open files containing ASP code in FP........ thats asking for trouble!!!!

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

| Hi
|
| My asp script is getting deleted once if i open it with frontpage?
|
| I observed the following scenareos
|
| 1.If opened with front page it is getting deleted permanently but HTML CODE
| available. I cant open it again with even note pad
| 2.If opened with notepad I can see till it is again opened with frontpage.
|
| What could be the problem
|
| Thnaks in advance
| R.D

BenM

What version of FrontPage? I use 2000 at home & 2003 at work, and I have not
had problems with losing .asp scripts. However, even with this, you need to
be careful in "Design" mode, as your scripts in "HTML" mode can be deleted on
accident.

teknohippy

NEVER open files containing ASP code in FP........ thats asking for trouble!!!!

I've done it for years with no trouble. Of course you need to be
careful in HTML, but not often that careful.

Of course the more spaghetti code you have the more careful you have
to be! <smiles>

Now if only I can convince everyone in the office we need to move to
..net :)

larrybud2002

Steven said:
NEVER open files containing ASP code in FP........ thats asking for trouble!!!!

--

Oh nonsense. We've developed classic ASP for years in FP with no
problems. Never lost any script.

R.D

I am using frontpagexp

This happens only to few files not to all

If it is not happening to someone he is lucky

If this is happening to all files to someone, I am luckier than him