    do anything useable and the download only points me to the source code
    tgz which does not include the documentation.

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com

    Lothar Scholz, May 31, 2005

  2. Lothar Scholz

    Shajith Guest

    Hi,

    (The site uses Hieraki(http://www.hieraki.org/), AFAICT)

    > I mean the User Guide, the Command Reference and the FAQ ?
    >=20

    Does http://docs.rubygems.org/export/book/1 get you what you need? The
    output doesn't seem to be styled as the online version, but it gets
    you the content alright.

    >=20
    > --
    > Best regards, emailto: scholz at scriptolutions d=

    ot com
    > Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    > CTO Scriptolutions Ruby, PHP, Python IDE 's
    >=20

    HTH!
    Shajith

    Shajith, May 31, 2005

  3. Lothar Scholz

    Jim Weirich Guest

    On Tuesday 31 May 2005 09:19 am, Lothar Scholz wrote:
    > Hello ruby-talk,
    >
    > maybe i'm too blind to see it but where can i get a local copy of the
    > 3 documents from http://docs.rubygems.org/
    >
    > I mean the User Guide, the Command Reference and the FAQ ?
    >
    > I tried "wget -r" but the file extensions are so damaged that i can't
    > do anything useable and the download only points me to the source code
    > tgz which does not include the documentation.

    Follow the export link (e.g. http://docs.rubygems.org/export/book/1 for the
    User Guide) and select one of HTML, YAML, Textile or text.

    --
    -- Jim Weirich http://onestepback.org

    Jim Weirich, May 31, 2005
  4. Hello Jim,

    JW> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 09:19 am, Lothar Scholz wrote:
    >> Hello ruby-talk,
    >>
    >> maybe i'm too blind to see it but where can i get a local copy of the
    >> 3 documents from http://docs.rubygems.org/
    >>
    >> I mean the User Guide, the Command Reference and the FAQ ?
    >>
    >> I tried "wget -r" but the file extensions are so damaged that i can't
    >> do anything useable and the download only points me to the source code
    >> tgz which does not include the documentation.

    JW> Follow the export link (e.g.
    JW> http://docs.rubygems.org/export/book/1 for the
    JW> User Guide) and select one of HTML, YAML, Textile or text.

    Unforunately none of this formats have the layout options i see on the
    website.

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com

    Lothar Scholz, May 31, 2005