Which is better, C# or C++?

dot_net_junky

Hi,
I would like to know which language is most suitable for .NET programming.
I think it's C#. Isn't it?

Lionel LASKE

C++ is better if you have legacy DLL to use. But what is good for unmanaged
is not good for managed code: the current syntax to handle managed object is
boring (but it's better in VS.NET 2005).
C# is better for OO and to play with the .NET Framework. It's the reference
language in .NET.
But VB.NET is nice too.

Lionel.

dot_net_junky

Thanks a lot :)
Any other suggestions?

Lionel LASKE said:
C++ is better if you have legacy DLL to use. But what is good for
unmanaged is not good for managed code: the current syntax to handle
managed object is boring (but it's better in VS.NET 2005).
C# is better for OO and to play with the .NET Framework. It's the
reference language in .NET.
But VB.NET is nice too.

Lionel.

Tor Bådshaug

If you are starting from scratch, I would definitively say C# for general
..NET development.
C# is tailored and buildt specifically with .NET in mind, while the .NET
version of most other languages are retrofitted to work with .NET.
If you have an organization experienced in previous versions of VB or C++,
you could of course consider these languages although personally I would
still probably have considered migrating to C#.

Tor Bådshaug
tor.badshaug (at) bekk.no.