    Perl software for setup?
    Thank you in advance for your great help,
    Teddy Kim

    teddykim, Sep 6, 2004

  2. teddykim

    Joe Smith Guest

    teddykim wrote:

    > Dear everybody,
    > I have never developped something on Perl, but in my project, when
    > I try to setup my new applicaion, it's recommended to ACTIVE PERL
    > VERSION 5.18 or NEW VERSION.
    > Could some one tell me about how to active perl and how do I find
    > Perl software for setup?

    1) There is no such thing as Perl version 5.18; you must be thinking
    of Perl version 5.8.1 instead. 5.6.1 -> 5.8.1 -> 5.8.4=newest

    2) http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/ says:
    ActivePerl DOWNLOAD
    The industry-standard Perl distribution for Linux, Solaris and Windows
    Current releases: ActivePerl 5.8.4.810, ActivePerl 5.6.1.638

    3) Questions like this should be posted to the comp.lang.perl.misc
    newsgroup, not this one (comp.lang.perl).

    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Sep 6, 2004