Ian

Administrator
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
80
Reaction score
20
I thought that this may be a helpful question to kick-start the new PHP section!

I'm an occasional PHP coder and I'm primarily using NetBeans (https://netbeans.org/features/php/) at the moment. It's free and works well for my needs, but I'm always interested in alternatives.

Which PHP IDE do you use?

Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
I thought that this may be a helpful question to kick-start the new PHP section!

I'm an occasional PHP coder and I'm primarily using NetBeans (https://netbeans.org/features/php/) at the moment. It's free and works well for my needs, but I'm always interested in alternatives.

Which PHP IDE do you use?

I was using Eclipse and PDT, but then I got fond of Zend Studio, and now I'm using phpStorm :)

Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
phpDesigner It's really the best IDE I've came across (and I believe I've tried them all).
Learn PHP here: https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-php

The main pro of this one is that it's NOT Java based. This keeps the whole thing quick.

Features:
  • Intelligent Syntax Highlighter - automatic switch between PHP, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript depending on your position!
  • PHP (both version 4 and 5 are supported)
  • SQL (MySQL, MSSQL 2000, MSSQL 7, Ingres, Interbase 6, Oracle, Sybase)
  • HTML/XHTML
  • CSS (both version 1 and 2.1 are supported)
  • JavaScript
  • VBScript
  • Java
  • C#
  • Perl
  • Python
  • Ruby
  • Smarty
PHP:
  • Support for both PHP 4 and PHP 5
  • Code Explorer for PHP (includes, classes, extended classes, interfaces, properties, functions, constants and variables)
  • Code Completion (IntelliSense) for PHP - code assist as you type
  • Code Tip (code hint) for PHP - code assist as you type
  • Work with any PHP frameworks (access classes, functions, variables, etc. on the fly)
  • PHP object oriented programming (OOP) including nested objects
  • Support for PHP heredoc
  • Enclose strings with single- or double quotes, linefeed, carriage return or tabs
  • PHP server variables
  • PHP statement templates (if, else, then, while…)
  • Powerful PHP Code Beautifier with many configurations and profile support
  • phpDocumentor wizard
  • Add phpDocumentor documentation to functions and classes with one click!
  • phpDocumentor tags
  • Comment or uncomment with one click!
  • Jump to any declaration with filtering by classes, interfaces, functions, variables or constants
Debug (PHP):
  • Debug with Xdebug
  • Breakpoints
  • Step by step debugging