Whidbey Installation Question ( PDC version )

Elrey Ronald V.

Hello All,

Is it perfectly ok to install the Whidbey ( PDC preview version) into my
pc which already contains both ASP 1.0 and ASP 1.1 (without affecting
my current web apps) ?

Just want to hear from you first before I install this.

THANKS A MANY!!

~ElreyRonald

Alex Papadimoulis

Elery,

Just as with other framework versions, you can install Whidbey alongside
without interfering with older versions. The applications are smart enough
to know which version fo the framework to use.

As for anedotal, I have no problem running Windbey along with ASP1.1 and
VS2003.

Alex Papadimoulis

Chris Jackson

I have heard several tales of Whidbey breaking earlier versions, so I have
avoided it myself and run it in a virtual machine.

Elrey Ronald V.

Thanks guys!!!

But Now I see two opposing feedbacks? Can someone out there break my
confusion about this matter?

TIA

ElreyRonald

Alex Papadimoulis

Elery,

In theory, it shouldn't interfere and cause a problem.

50% of respondents had a problem with it.

I would install it with that risk, but only b/c I dont mind reformatting and
reloading everything, as I do it 2x a year as it is. But, ifyou cant afford
to do that, go with a vM

Alex Papadimoulis