WHO IS MUHAMMAD

Hdaya

I believe that my topic is useful and I would like to share my
thoughts.
THANK YOU.

WHO IS MUHAMMAD?
Muhammad was born in Makkah in the year 570, at a time when
Christianity was not yet fully established in Europe. Since his father
died before his birth, and his mother shortly afterwards, he was
raised by his uncle from the respected tribe of Quraysh. As he grew
up, he became known for his truthfulness, generosity and sincerity and
was sought after for his ability to arbitrate in disputes. The
historians describe him as calm and contemplative. Muhammad was of a
deeply religious nature, and had long detested the decadence of his
society. It became his habit to contemplate from time to time in the
Cave of Hira near the summit of Jaba al-Nur, the ‘Mountain of Light’
near Makkah.

HOW DID HE BECOME A PROPHET AND A MESSENGER OF GOD?
At the age of 40, while engaged in a meditative retreat,
Muhammad,peace be upon him, received his first revelation from God
through the Angel Gabriel. This revelation, which continued for 23
years, is known as the Quran. As soon as he began to recite the words
he heard from Gabriel, and to preach the truth which God had revealed
to him, he and his small group of followers suffered bitter
persecution which grew so fierce that in the year 622 God gave them
the command to emigrate. This event, the Hijra, ‘migration’, in which
they left Makkah for the city of Madinah some 260 miles to the north,
marks the beginning of the Muslim calendar.
After several years, the Prophet and his followers were able to return
to Makkah, where they forgave their enemies and established Islam
definitively. Before the Prophet died at the age of 63, the greater
part of Arabia was Muslim, and within a century of his death Islam had
spread to Spain in the West and as far East as China.

—————–

For more information about Islam
http://english.islamway.com/
http://www.islamhouse.com/