Who uses the WSE VS add-in?

Jeff Welton

I'd like to get some feedback on the WSE VS add-in. If you're a WSE and VS user, do you know of and use the add-in? What do you like and dislike about it
(i.e., what would improve your user experience with it)?

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Simon Smith

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:44:16 GMT in article
<[email protected]> in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices ,
I'd like to get some feedback on the WSE VS add-in. If you're a WSE and VS user, do you know of and use the add-in? What do you like and dislike about it
(i.e., what would improve your user experience with it)?

A browse function for the Security implementation references in the
Properties!

I use it to provide and validate a username/password and encryption to
web service calls and apart from that it's pretty straight forward.

Nice bit of s/w.

Jeff Welton

Noted. Thanks for providing feedback on this, Simon.

Are there other ways that you envision in which the use of the WS-E add-in functionality is more solidly integrated with your solution development
experience? Very general question, I realize, but I don't want to ask 'leading' questions.

Jeff

--------------------
From: Simon Smith <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
Subject: Re: Who uses the WSE VS add-in?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:16:13 +0000

[email protected] (Jeff Welton (MSFT)) said:
I'd like to get some feedback on the WSE VS add-in. If you're a WSE and VS user, do you know of and use the add-in? What do you like and dislike about it
(i.e., what would improve your user experience with it)?

A browse function for the Security implementation references in the
Properties!

I use it to provide and validate a username/password and encryption to
web service calls and apart from that it's pretty straight forward.

Nice bit of s/w.

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Simon Smith

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:21:02 GMT in article
<[email protected]> in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices ,
Noted. Thanks for providing feedback on this, Simon.

Are there other ways that you envision in which the use of the WS-E add-in functionality is more solidly integrated with your solution development
experience? Very general question, I realize, but I don't want to ask 'leading' questions.
I remember looking at using DIME to send large messages. After a
little while I thought that I could already have coded up a loop to do
multiple sends of bits of the large message (each bit in my case was
independant and didn't depend on the previous or next bit).
So that's what I did.
Maybe I was missing something (you'll now show me how to do it in one
line!) but I did look, honest!

That's the only bit from WSE 1 that I remember being tricky; I haven't
looked at WSE 2 as our projects go live fairly quickly and regularly.

I do use an explicit call to a helper class to add username/password
to the proxy bafore a call. I don't know whether making that automatic
(i.e. it'll call my privider without me asking it to) would be a good
idea. On balance, probably not.