    --

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

    Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.
    Jeff Welton, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Jeff Welton

    Simon Smith Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:44:16 GMT in article
    <> in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices ,
    (Jeff Welton (MSFT)) wrote:

    >I'd like to get some feedback on the WSE VS add-in. If you're a WSE and VS user, do you know of and use the add-in? What do you like and dislike about it
    >(i.e., what would improve your user experience with it)?

    A browse function for the Security implementation references in the
    Properties!

    I use it to provide and validate a username/password and encryption to
    web service calls and apart from that it's pretty straight forward.

    Nice bit of s/w.

    --
    Simon
    simon dot smith at snowvalley dot com
    Simon Smith, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Jeff Welton

    Jeff Welton Guest

    Noted. Thanks for providing feedback on this, Simon.

    Are there other ways that you envision in which the use of the WS-E add-in functionality is more solidly integrated with your solution development
    experience? Very general question, I realize, but I don't want to ask 'leading' questions.

    Jeff

    --------------------
    >From: Simon Smith <>
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    >Subject: Re: Who uses the WSE VS add-in?
    >Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:16:13 +0000

    212.134.176.104!not-for-mail

    Jeff Welton, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Jeff Welton

    Simon Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:21:02 GMT in article
    <2SA$> in
    (Jeff Welton (MSFT)) wrote:

    >>From: Simon Smith <>
    >>
    >>A browse function for the Security implementation references in the
    >>Properties!
    >>
    >>I use it to provide and validate a username/password and encryption to
    >>web service calls and apart from that it's pretty straight forward.
    >>
    >>Nice bit of s/w.
    >>

    >Noted. Thanks for providing feedback on this, Simon.
    >
    >Are there other ways that you envision in which the use of the WS-E add-in functionality is more solidly integrated with your solution development
    >experience? Very general question, I realize, but I don't want to ask 'leading' questions.

    I remember looking at using DIME to send large messages. After a
    little while I thought that I could already have coded up a loop to do
    multiple sends of bits of the large message (each bit in my case was
    independant and didn't depend on the previous or next bit).
    So that's what I did.
    Maybe I was missing something (you'll now show me how to do it in one
    line!) but I did look, honest!

    That's the only bit from WSE 1 that I remember being tricky; I haven't
    looked at WSE 2 as our projects go live fairly quickly and regularly.

    I do use an explicit call to a helper class to add username/password
    to the proxy bafore a call. I don't know whether making that automatic
    (i.e. it'll call my privider without me asking it to) would be a good
    idea. On balance, probably not.

    Simon Smith, Oct 29, 2003