    I didn't see any sort of "General" forum dealing with ASP.NET so will try
    posting here.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance!
    LadySpudz, Feb 11, 2004

  2. i think something realted to the processmodel inth machine config...

    asp.net works under a workerprocess
    i.e aspnet_wp.exe....
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpgenref/html/gngrfprocessmodelsection.asp

    observe the password and username
    there in the articles..

    --
    Thanks and Regards,

    Amit Agarwal
    Software Programmer(.NET)
    "LadySpudz" <> wrote in message
    > When looking in the user accounts on my computer, I see there is one user

    called
    > 'ASP.NET' and the account is password protected.
    >
    > Could someone here tell me exactly what this is and how it created a

    password
    > protected account on my machine? I don't remember anything asking me to

    create
    > such an account and really have no idea what it's all about.
    >
    > I didn't see any sort of "General" forum dealing with ASP.NET so will try
    > posting here.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance!

    ---
    .NET Follower, Feb 11, 2004

  3. LadySpudz

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    ASPNet user account is the process identity for the aspnetwp.exe (ASP.Net
    Worker Process). This is used to process ASP.Net pages on IIS5 and IIS5.1
    (it is not used in IIS6 unless you run in IIS5 Isolation mode)

    Cheers
    Ken

    :
    Ken Schaefer, Feb 11, 2004