ASP.Net in User accoutns

win

When logging in this morning, Welcom Screen showed up. (I have logged in
without it till now.) This is my personal PC and nobody else uses and I never
created any other accounts.

However, I saw ASP.Net as an account besides me-Administrator.

I checked Control Panel/User Accounts and found out there is 'ASP.Net
Machine A... Limited account, Password protected.' What is this? Why is it
here? Can I delete?

I installed a new HR printer last night, and it is the only thing I did new.
- thx for help.

sloan

When you install IIS (service) and you have the dotnet framework installed
(very common)....this account is automatically created.

Its basically the account that runs any websites on your machine. If if you
are not explicitly publishing a website......when you install IIS, you get
one installed.

Either
A. Remove IIS from Windows Components.
B. Live with it.

I would go with "B".

win

I don't understand 'When you install IIS (service) and you have the dotnet
framework installed' at all.

If it is not harmful and I live with it, that's fine. But why all of the
sudden, I came not to be able to log in without clicking my account. It just
started happening this morning. What's wrong here? How could I go in without
being stopped at Welcom screen? - thx

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> why all of the sudden, I came not to be able to log in without clicking my account

Sounds like you changed the default authentication.
Please let us know your OS version.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

win

XP home edition.

what is 'the default authentication'? I didn't change anything. only thing
happened new is installing new printer last night. did it do it?

sounds like ASP.net is a different issue from my log-in? What if I delete
ASP.net account from 'contral panel/user accounts'?