Why am I getting IE message when refreshing my ASP.NET page.

Ken Varn

Occasionally when I try to refresh my asp.net page, I get the following
message from IE "The page cannot be refreshed without sending the
information. Click retry to send the information again..." Why does this
message box come up and what can I do to prevent it?

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com
-----------------------------------

Hermit Dave

if a page was generated as a results of POST action of a form refreshing
requires the initial values to be submitted again so that it can be
processed correctly.

if you do not want that behavior you will have to get to every page as a
result of response.redirect. plus even if you did a postback.. that would
still be true so you will have to do a response.redirect on the actual page
with values in querystring rather than post.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)

Curt_C [MVP]

because you already did a POST-BACK and it's asking if you want to post that
information again.
This is expected.
This is the way it should work