Why and His Guide Mentioned...

James Edward Gray II

Why the Lucky Stiff and The Poignant Guide to Ruby are mentioned
multiple times in the recent IT Conversations podcast with Joel Spolsky:

http://www.itconversations.com/shows/detail599.html

They had a lot of good things to say. My favorite quote: "That's
going to make Ruby a more popular language." (Talking about the Guide.)

Congratulations Why.

I'll be on the lookout for the book...

James Edward Gray II

Lyle Johnson

I'll be on the lookout for the book...

To be clear: Which book are you talking about? Joel's book, which
includes an excerpt from the Poignant Guide, is already out (and on my
wish list). Or is someone printing up the (entire) Poignant Guide in
dead-tree form, and I've somehow missed that announcement?

Adam Sanderson

I think Why's guide is an excellent piece of subversive education.

You're never really sure if you're learning anything and then bang,
right out of the corner of neverseenthatcoming, it hits you, you know
Ruby(ish... kinda... ). And then you have to wonder, just when was it
that anything started making sense?

Who, or Why, knows,
.adam sanderson (here's to bacon, chunky and otherwise)

Ivan Vodopiviz

2005/8/17 said:
I think Why's guide is an excellent piece of subversive education.
=20
You're never really sure if you're learning anything and then bang,
right out of the corner of neverseenthatcoming, it hits you, you know
Ruby(ish... kinda... ). And then you have to wonder, just when was it
that anything started making sense?
=20
Who, or Why, knows,
.adam sanderson (here's to bacon, chunky and otherwise)
=20
yup, I totally agree. I'm just beggining with ruby but I find that
guide even more ilustrating than the pickaxe (plz don't flame me if
you are a prgamatic programmers fan)
cya!

--=20
BlueSteel | | Merkoth