Why I chose Python over Ruby

Xavier Morel

Torsten said:
Yes, however, this is also true for Python in my opinion.
Ruby's ability to generate DSLs is an order of magnitude better than
Python's at least.
I only know of the Lisp dialects that get better at DSLs.

Check Rails' validation methods (in the models), or if you don't want to
dwelve into rails (which I do understand), go check Why's "Dwemthy's
Array" (http://poignantguide.net/dwemthy/) (note: you may need to read
Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby first, the creation of the Array itself is
fairly tough stuff with metaprogramming black magic and all).

Torsten Bronger

Hallöchen!

Xavier Morel said:
Ruby's ability to generate DSLs is an order of magnitude better
than Python's at least.

If good DSL includes morphing into another language, this may be
true. However, I think that a good DSL just solves the problem
well, even if it still looks like the original by and large.

Tschö,
Torsten.