Why i get this error: Response is not available in this context

Pepehammer

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Response is not available in
this context.

Source Error:

Line 16: '---------- // SUB : WriteString
Line 17: Public Sub WriteString(SayItNow as String)
Line 18: Response.Write(SayItNow)
Line 19: End Sub
Line 20:

Scott Allen

Can you give us some more details about how this method is called?
Seeing the call stack might provide some good information.

Craig Deelsnyder

Not trying to use this in global.asax file are you?

Greg
Can almost guarantee it's being used outside of Page, etc. You have to
use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request to access request in
'non-web' classes.

Greg Burns

Can almost guarantee it's being used outside of Page, etc. You have to
use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request to access request in
'non-web' classes.

Yes, very true. You can use that inside any class not inhereting from Page.

But, this specific error I've seen when trying to Response.Redirect from
events like Session_End until you learn you just can't to do that. :)

Greg

CTifer

Thanks, Craig. I was having this issue and your answered helped me i
my scenario. I even registered for these forums just to give thi
thread my seal of approval

-
CTife