Why is Crockford's New Book aready available free?

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

lorlarz said:
Why is Crockford's new book (JavaScript: The Good Parts)
aready available free?

http://tinyurl.com/5cmqz3

Is this intentional?
(I had nothing to do with this; I assume this must be being
done on purpose)

That's ... optimistic. Or perhaps just naïve.
I'd put my money on it being a clear-cut copyright violation.

(And please don't use tinyurl's.)
/L

lorlarz

lorlarz said:
Why is Crockford's newbook(JavaScript: The Good Parts)
aready availablefree?
[snip]
Is this intentional?
(I had nothing to do with this; I assume this must be being
 done on purpose)

That's ... optimistic. Or perhaps just naïve.
I'd put my money on it being a clear-cut copyright violation.

(And please don't use tinyurl's.)
/L

I have decided you are correct and something illegal may well
be going on
there. I deleted my original post. If you delete your post,
at least we wilol be doing nothing to contribute to the what
is perhaps illegal activity.

lorlarz

lorlarz said:
Why is Crockford's newbook(JavaScript: The Good Parts)
aready availablefree?
[snip]
Is this intentional?
(I had nothing to do with this; I assume this must be being
 done on purpose)
That's ... optimistic. Or perhaps just naïve.
I'd put my money on it being a clear-cut copyright violation.
(And please don't use tinyurl's.)
/L

I have decided you are correct and something illegal may well
be going on
there.  I deleted my original post.  If you delete your post,
at least we wilol be doing nothing to contribute to the what
is perhaps illegal activity.

Soory for the typos. English is not my native language; babbling is.

Michael Wojcik

lorlarz said:
I deleted my original post.

No, you didn't. Cancel messages are ignored by most NNTP servers,
because they're trivial to forge. Once you post something to Usenet,
it's there forever.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Michael said:
No, you didn't. Cancel messages are ignored by most NNTP servers,

If that were the case, news.admin.net-abuse.usenet would be pretty useless.
(People run cancel bots to remove spam in newsgroups automatically.)

The issue here is instead that Google Groups, which "lorlarz" used for their
trolling, does _not_ issue Cancel control messages when they are deleted in
the archive (and ignores them when in their newsfeed), and *maybe* "lorlarz"
has yet to understand what Usenet is and how it works. They could start
with said:
because they're trivial to forge.

So that would be a design decision made with disregard of the fact that
social problems cannot be solved with technology. However, if Cancel-Lock
was implemented by a server, trivial forging would not be possible.
Once you post something to Usenet, it's there forever.

That would depend on how much time passed between the posting and the
attempt to remove it.

PointedEars